One of the best things about making a book is getting to travel for writers’ festivals- it’s a brilliant perk. You get to visit places you’ve never been before, chat with other authors and illustrators, and meet your readers.
Speaking of which, Norman and I will be visiting Geraldton later week for the Big Sky Festival!
The festival is organised by the hard-working staff at Geraldton Regional Library, and runs from Friday Sept 9 – Sunday Sept 11.
Norm and I are running a few sessions together over the weekend:
- Friday, 9.30 – 10.30am, Geraldton Library (youth session, talking about The Last Viking)
- Friday, 1.30 – 2.30pm, Our Lady of Mt Carmel in Mullewa (youth session , talking about The Last Viking)
- Saturday, 10.15 – 11.15am, Geraldton Universities Centre (talking about the collaborative process behind picture books)
Then on Sunday Norm and I will run two separate sessions at the same time.
- Norm‘s session is called “Appealing to a Young Audience“…
- and I’m running a workshop called “Comic Books: making words and pictures work“.
- They’re both from 11am – 12noon at Geraldton Universities Centre.
You can find the full program here.