Written by Norman Jorgensen,
illustrated by James Foley.
Published by Fremantle Press
Hardback Aug 2014,
Paperback May 2017,
BUY A SIGNED COPY
– Paper Bird Children’s Books
Find your local bookshop
Josh is as brave as a Viking warrior, and not much can scare a Viking. But the two littlest Vikings are going berserk. They think they’re invincible, and that spells trouble!
When Pop takes the family to Viking World, Josh finds out just how far he’ll go to keep them safe.
Other books in the series
- Winner, 2015 West Australian Young Readers’ Book Award
(the ‘Hoffman Award’, given for the highest-ranked book by a WA creator)
- Shortlist, 2014 Aurealis Awards
Here’s two videos of me adding digital colour to The Last Viking Returns.
The first time-lapse features the Norse gods:
The second shows me colouring the front cover:
“This landscape production will be a sure winner with young readers up to middle primary and perhaps beyond.”
– John Cohen, the Children’s Book Council of Australia’s Reading Time blog
“The Last Viking Returns is a sequel to one of our favourite books of 2012, the inspirational The Last Viking … The showdown between boy, dog, god and fire-breathing beast is thrilling.”
– Weekend Australian – Review section
“Young children will love it – it’s a good old fashioned romping adventure, which will have them gasping in anticipation of what will happen next.”
– Mornings, ABC Radio Central Victoria
Last Viking Returns media page (Fremantle Press website)
– Teachers’ Notes with ACARA hyperlinks (pdf).
– Head to the classroom resources page for handouts, videos and website links.
– Read behind-the-scenes blog posts here
– find out more about the first book, The Last Viking